Friday, March 02, 2007

FOOD FANTASIES IN THE TIME OF CAVEMEN or OMG, SUGAR.

I just cleaned the oven. It wasn't terrible, it wasn't great, it just was. And now here I am, Friday night wondering not, "why am I cleaning an oven on Friday night?" but rather, "why am I not CARING that I'm cleaning an oven on Friday night?" eh?
It was in my semi-dazed sort of scrub-up that I began to really feel the pull of my current, 1-week, 'see if this clears up my skin' diet of no carbs (no sugar)
It started out as a hearty "hell ya!" for health and is now dribbling somewhere between a mess of overly browned meat and vegetables, and a 5th grade altercation between my best friend and I over the, supposed, perils of bacon fat.
Wikipedia explains the caveman diet thusly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveman_diet
I just go "ooga."
I cannot for the life of me make sense of (read: DECIDE) which diet is the one I am on. If I truly want to avoid all sugar and carbs, then fruit is out...dear, innocent fruit. Which means then I am NOT on the caveman diet. But if I stick to my no carb thing really truly, then I AM on the caveman diet...but without the fruit...? like...right?
So what I am discovering now in my heavy-lidded stupor of hunger pains after dinner, is that it's an utter complete mess if I'm left trying to eat only frickin' meat and veg!
I want my sweeeeeeeeeets!!!! waaahugugu..

So instead of caving (ahem, aha, ahememamgugururug), I am sending my unrequited love song for sweets out into the universe with a particularly hearty and tragic fog of yearning in the direction of my dear pastries.
As I wiped vegetable flotsam off the kitchen counter just an hour or so ago, a gentle phantom pressed it's pasrty self upon my memory, and in it I tasted something so fresh, so light and richly trembling with delicacy... oh, oh my, my dear baked and breaded, bready puffy sugar puffs of bread and sugar butter puffs.... I stumbled into the memory of BEARD PAPA's cream puffs.
It hit me so suddenly as if some long lost kiss from a long lost first love had magically appeared so strongly out of time and memory that I could swear it was there on my tongue. I had never even realized how much I was missing it until now, in the paleolithic age of my life.
pimples, i curse you!!!!!!!!!


ladies and gentlemen

BEARD PAPA.

http://www.muginohousa.com/

you eat now.
you love.
ooohh woooo whoa whoaaaa is mee!!!

No comments: