Friday, January 19, 2007

The First Official

Ok!
After much reworking, i finally have a new blog, on the 'new and improved' blogger. This blog is designed for the true foodie in mind. So whether it be a food prose poem, a 'food theme of the day', recipes, or rants and updates and info pertaining to my ever more challenging but quietly fascinating turn as an amateur chocolatier(ish), I will fill these brown electronic pages with food love and try to guide any and all to better, more fulfilling, lustful, well-informed and scintillating food understanding and sympathy. or something.
and so first and foremost I think i need to say "on these chocolate pages"... oooo
la dee da!

ok now for some reason the italic is refusing to be un-clicked.

arrrrrrggg!! elegant scream!

not the best start. so I will finish well, with a description of my family's thanksgiving breakfast tradition. I'm rusty in my writing, as I've become a little apron wearing, glaze-eyed housewife with an Imaginary boyfriend. Maybe that goes hand in hand with single girls and chocolate. shit. a cliche. sorry! bad again. ok the writing. here it is copied from my food book, (WHICH I RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE TO BUY FOR FOOD MEMORIES)
to lull you all into a fat, content little food stupor. well, hopefully. Give us a sec, we're new to this blogging thing.



The Wonderful Things:
Cynnie brings pumpkin bread with whole black walnuts from her friend Judy's mom. I envision it with large, polite slabs of softening butter, and my wishes come true. Now one triangular-type piece is waiting for me and my vanilla hazelnut tea to brew. Bob clacking in the kitchen making eggs. I was learning how to crips homefries, I added rosemary, little pastel chiclit-sized onion slices with the potato squares and the skins - sprinkling the sea salt that doesn't melt. I poured orange juice into a milk jug and the table is waiting, while the kitchen steams up, bacon flavored, and we munch out-of-appropriate-order on cynnie's peanut butter/chocolate cornflake balls and my homemade peppermint bark. And earlier on Bob's Pepperidge farm chocolate bisquit cookies. I'm blessed. My nose is blessed, my food my sight my senses my family my love of cooking.





"




No comments: