Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Leda's Bake Shop - Food Lover's Haven


There's a great place in Sherman Oaks called Leda's bakeshop, with the best brownies scones and cupcakes in the valley, pretty much hands down. As much as I know I adore food, I'm always surprised at my obsession for the naked parts, or just baked forms, of pastries, cakes and cookies...

THE BROWNIE

Every time they make these I find myself falling into a trance as they crunchy-crunch *SLLLICE* the thick chocolate wedge with the big serrated knife. mmmm, momma loves you freshly just barely baked gooey walnut brownie innards.


THE COLD BUTTER CHUNKS

They scoop ALOT of cookies, (you can see them working just behind the glass windows) and they're pretty cute, all lined up in rows, though just like any normal cookie would look. BUT, when a slab of cold, shiny butter exposes itself like this in one of the cookie dough balls, I swear to god I could have a baby. And name it OMG I F**KING LOVE BUTTER.


THE DULCE

They also make homemade ducle de leche, and I'm still amazed at how easy it is (*boil a can of sweetened condensed milk, taking care to keep it submerged at ALL times, for 4-5 hours. Das' it!)

And then it looks like that.


ya.

Go check them out! yumm

No comments: