Friday, October 05, 2007

The Many Wonders of Toast



Oh how I love a little swath of mayonnaise/God nectar on some grilled cheese with onion




And the time I accidentally threaded gold with my honey and peanut butter snack



In Santa Cruz I used to stack piles of Sun Maid raisin bread on top of one another for a midnight party snack, buttering feverishly all it's nooks and crannies, until a big, strong knife came and sliced right through the batch. *CRUNCH*

OMG! "I'm toast, let me just be perfect and amazing and gorgeous and crunchy."

I am currently obsessed with Rudi's Organic Sourdough Bread for making some of the best toast I have ever had: dense, tightly woven, cake-like, with a light and crispy, solid toast finish. (no sagging!)

(Wow, I sound like Paddington Bear and Alton Brown all rolled into one.)

No comments: